Experts in Laundry Hygiene
Primus Hygienic Barrier Washers offer you the best defence against cross contamination of superbugs within your laundry.
The COVID-19 pandemic make this type of equipment essential in your efforts to protect patients, customers and staff.
Studies show that linen is a major factor for the transfer of infections and superbugs
- 10 to 15% of hospital-acquired infections (leading to an average extra 4-5 days in hospital, and in extreme cases, the death of the patient) are due to unsatisfactory linen hygiene.
- The elderly and children are more at risk to infection due to their less efficient immune systems.
- Operators must have total care management of the laundry to maintain a high level of hygiene in their global production, so ensuring that product is free of certain bacteria (ie: Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella, Listeria, etc…).
- COVID-19 is bringing new levels of awareness to the fact that good laundry hygiene is no longer the preserve of healthcare environments only.
GOOD LAUNDRY HYGIENE IS NOW JUST AS IMPORTANT TO A HOTEL OR RETIREMENT HOME AS IT IS TO A HOSPITAL .
BARRIER WASHERS OFFER A COMPLETE END-TO-END SOLUTION FOR ALL LAUNDRY ENVIRONMENTS TO HELP YOU FOCUS ON GUESTS, CUSTOMERS AND PATIENTS.
Bacteria coming from soiled linen through air, hands or human contact during improper handling or processing of laundry increases the risk of transmitting microbiological contamination. Hospital & health care environments need to take preventive measures in order to avoid microbiological contamination in the laundry process.
The PRIMUS range of barrier washer extractors offers a solution for this threat as it considerably reduces the risk of recontamination or cross contamination thanks to its ‘dual door’ design. The barrier washer extractors are built into a physical wall separating the ‘clean’ loading & ‘dirty’ unloading side. This set-up ensures optimal sanitation and avoids contact between clean, disinfected laundry & soiled, contaminated linen.
As experts in healthcare laundry solutions, Primus offers a uniquely comprehensive and innovative range of hygienic barrier washers to simplify and optimise the setting up of your laundry. All our machines are designed with the highest quality components to ensure a long lifespan and optimised capacity in minimised space.
Primus machines are a beacon of efficiency and outstanding hygiene to ensure user satisfaction. The patented technology developed by Primus, specifically for the healthcare industry, provides exquisite performance while being user-friendly, and facilitating easy control, monitoring and analysis.
CLEANLINESS AND PRESENTATION ARE KEY TO YOUR BUSINESS AND NOW HYGIENE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT. GIVE YOUR GUESTS AND YOUR STAFF THE LINEN THEY DESERVE AND THE COMFORT OF KNOWING THAT YOU TAKE THEIR HEALTH SERIOUSLY.
An on-premise laundry gives you the comfort of knowing you are fully in control of hygiene standards.
Let us help you redesign your hotel laundry to comply with the highest global standards of laundry hygiene. Our design experts have been doing so for years in hospitals. Now let us help you get ahead of the competition by bringing our unique equipment and knowledge to your hotel.
Tullis Primus is the global benchmark in barrier washer extractors. We have developed and continue to develop patented technologies and distinct features to offer you eco-friendly and flexible cleaning solutions that are built to last. Our tailor-made solutions are built on decades of experience in designing world-class laundries in uncompromising hospital environments. Now hotels around the world are adopting the same uncompromising approach to laundry hygiene.
Stop Cross Contamination Now!
This is such an important subject that Primus partnered with two microbiological institutes to test under real conditions the recontamination risks in a laundry environment. The tests were made in a laundry using Primus barrier washers with a physical separation of the soiled and clean sides of the laundry rooms. The establishments are certified to be in conformity with RABC* by an external organisation. (less 12 CFU/25cm2).
The RABC is an abreviation of Risk, Analysis, Biocontamination and Control. RABC is a Quality Management System. The RABC system is implemented to avoid microbiological contamination of persons and products by laundry operation and to provide defined microbiological quality of laundered goods. The implemented RABC-System is controlled by external experts on a yearly basis.
Primus Hygienic Barrier Washers simplify and optimise your laundry offering the best protection for employees, patients and guests, and the best prevention for the spreading of micro-organisms and superbugs.
When adopting the Primus Hygienic Solution, the operation of your laundry conforms with best global and local hygienic practices:
- Respect RABC for “walk forward” principles for best laundry process.
- Physical wall separates the laundry in two parts: soiled area and clean area.
- No risk of contact or crossing between soiled and clean linen.
- As an option, separate atmosphere pressures can be created between clean and soiled areas to prevent airborne re-contamination.
- Specific “hygienic” programs for decontamination of laundry.
- Offers the best protection against the spreading of infections.
- Guarantees your investment in the future by anticipating the next regulations.
- Secure traceability through Trace-Tech, Primus laundry management system.
- Compliant with local standards including SANS 10146.
- Freestanding, high spin
- Complete stainless steel cabinet
- Xcontrol Plus – Fully programmable
- Stainless steel drum and tub
- Large drain valve (Ø 76 mm)
- Easy access to all parts
- Large door opening for easy loading & unloading
- Automatic Door positioning
- Easy Soap – liquid soaps connection
- External lubrication system
- Patented inner door lock
Primus Hygienic Barrier Washers System provides a total solution.
Programming tools give you complete control and traceability of your washing and disinfection process.
The Trace-tech® management software provides record of each wash load which allows you to ensure conformity with Hygienic standards. This can be stored and recalled whenever necessary. Parameters are continually controlled and stored to bring you a detailed report of the washing process. You are also informed if the machine can not complete required process.
Whilst loading your machine, the Graphitronic® and XControl+ display the weight of wash load. The machine will then adjust the water and energy consumption to suit to load and secure compliance with RABC standard. Thus, you have a guaranteed wash result, reduced energy consumption, so optimising productivity, and controlling of your operating costs.
XControl+ user interface offers unlimited programming possibilities for laundry professionals. A USB plug for fast and easy uploading of new washing programs is available.
COLLECTING AND SORTING
The presorting of the laundry is completed by the collector staff and the different wash loads separated in wash types, by staff wearing mask, special workwear and using gloves for protection.
Shortest storage time should be applied up to a maximum of 48 hours. Trolleys have to be cleaned before each use. Specific room with lower air pressure, washing station and floor U-bend should be used.
Wash loads of the same type are processed together to avoid handling of the soiled or clean laundry. The Primus Trace-tech® system controls: Temperature, Mechanical action, Time, Water level and Chemicals and thus ensure the optimal wash quality.
Handling of the clean laundry is completed by staff who have used best handling process with minimum contact to avoid the contamination of the laundry.
CLEAN LINEN STORAGE
Store directly after processing – cover with plastic film / in closed cabinets
– clean room and trolleys regularly
– respect separation flows between clean and soiled linen.
Our team of specialized advisors and experienced designers are ready to assist you in the realisation of your project, helping you to meet you specific requirements and bringing you:
- An audit of your laundry
- The definition of needs
- The technical drawing with energy reservations
- The installation and maintenance of the machines
- The training of the technical staff and users.
Please send me information about this product